Head over to Google Classroom
You will FIRST need to set up your school gmail account:
- Log into gmail if you have one
- Go to your picture profile icon in the upper right corner; click “Add Account”
- Sign in using your user name and password:
- User name: school email@example.com
- Password: S+your lunch number
- Use our class code to log into G-class:
- Literature: 9p7cer
- Language: 39rlqw
I just realized this picture is missing the Grace, Shelbey, Tiffanie, Tori contingent! Hurmph!!
So wonderful to see your faces and giggle with you!! The end is near, kiddos!!
Nikolai and I are in love with our new little man, Luka Lee Ferrell!!
To all my dear students and colleagues:
You gave me one of the best send-offs of my life this last week! Thank you for the donuts, brownies, cards, cookies, unexpected baby gifts, the tear-jerking cards, the poems, the VIDEO!! and your general love and support. You really know how to make a someone feel special and appreciated.
I look forward to seeing you at the Skagit River Poetry Festival, GRADUATION!!! and next year. I’ll be reading these books if you want to summer book club. Just sayin’😉 The Signature of All Things; We the Drowned; Aimless Love and yes, finally, The Fault in Our Stars!
Share your best work here!
Make sure you leave your name and a comment on another’s work!
5 pts. extra credit–and GLORY!! (Not enough points to allocate for GLORY!!)
1. Find a (school-appropriate) video, political cartoon or picture of satire
2. Post the link in the comments
3. Comment on two other examples of satire. Point out what human foolishness or vice is being mocked as well as one strategy (and a specific example of this strategy) as seen in the “text”
4. First posting (of link) due by Tuesday 2/25 at midnight. Response comments due by Thursday 2/27 at midnight.
Make us giggle!
Here you are, Olympians!
OMG!! You look so YOUNG!!
Weeds and Roses: Michelle Obama
RER: M Obama
If you get home super late, plan on going through this in class tomorrow as we write. Then you can stay Tuesday after school to make up the essay.
Have a great time!!!