1. Compose a purpose statement and mini outline answering the question:
What is Michelle Obama’s purpose and how does she achieve it?
2. Select one strategy from your mini-outline and compose a complete body paragraph. Don’t forget to let the porpoise breathe!!
3. Post your purpose statement AND paragraph online via a comment by Sunday, 2/10 at NOON.
4. Comment on two other students’ paragraphs: identify one thing that is working well and one thing that could use improvement
5. Use what you read from your peers, including their purpose statement—is theirs more effective than yours? You are at liberty to steal it—and revise your paragraph.
6. On Tuesday, submit:
• Original purpose statement with mini-outline
• Original paragraph that was posted online
• Revised paragraph (and purpose statement, if you revised that)
All should be typed in MLA format. This is your first Literary Analysis that will earn a grade; use all your resources, including notes, handouts and your peers to make your work sing! Following this we will have an in-class essay, so this is your chance to work out the kinks!