If you did the make-up lit analysis, here is your RER. Due Monday.
1. Use the internet to find some background information on Franklin’s purpose for writing Rules by Which a Great… Write a paragraph explaining Franklin’s purpose and attitude toward empires; be sure to identify the empire against which he was railing.
2. Reread the passage with your newly gleaned information.
3. Revise your thesis and one complete body paragraph based on your new understanding of Franklin’s purpose and how he achieved it. (Note: this should include at least a shout-out to satire!!)
4. Improve diction choice for five lackluster words (long-distance high-fives if you eliminate “to be” verbs in this process!)
5. Recast three of your weakest sentences. How can you make them shine? Consider specialty punctuation, parallel structure, elimination of prepositional phrases, changing from present progressive to simple present tense, etc.
6. Post your newly revised thesis and body paragraph as a comment under this posting by Sunday, noon. Respond to at least two peers’ revised efforts–did they hit the mark this time? Explain why/why not.