Have some political fun over the weekend! Here’s what you get to do:
- Choose one political cartoon from below.
- Choose one of the two of the three questions about political cartoons to answer:
- Respond to another student’s answers about a different cartoon. This means in the end, you should have analyzed one cartoon and responded to someone else’s analysis about a second cartoon.
**Please use the captions that I’ve written to refer to each cartoon. Note that these are my captions, not the cartoonists’, nor are they part of the original artwork.
**Have fun! Be respectful! Remember that this is NOT a political discussion, but an analysis of a visual text.
- What is the literal interpretation of the cartoon?
- What symbols are present? What do they represent?
- What is the cartoonist’s argument?
See more election cartoons at: The Washington Post