- Beat Poetry power point–take Cornell Notes Beat Powerpoint
- Read Beat poems (Reader) and take notes in a group
- Writing Practice: Write about a confession
- Brainstorm: What do you know about dialogue?
- Listen to “How to Make Dialgoue Ring True”
- Take Notes
- Short Story #2–final draft due Tuesday with copy of rough draft
- Short Story #3–rough draft due Thursday
- Using “Best American First Sentences,” choose an opening line to use for your short story. Use the sentence as it appears.
- Create a short story based off that opening
- Story must include 15 lines of dialogue