Hey ya’ll! Field work write-ups are due no later than Tuesday, Jan. 9th. No late work will be accepted.
Here is what you need to do for the write up (complete in paragraph form):
- What did you do?
- How does it relate to our Creative Writing class?
- What did you learn from your field work?
- How will this experience affect your writing?
Here are some last minute things for you to do: (remember, I give you all this begrudgingly!)
- Thursday, 8:00pm–Elevated Poetry www.collectivepuropse.org
- EDITORS’ ROLES at the Mission Valley Public Library, 2123 Felton Parkway, 858-635-1350. At 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 6, editor Laurie Gibson will lead a discussion titled “Editors’ Roles in Book Publishing.” Free.
- Book Signings/Readings:
KAZA KINGSLEY at Borders Books & Music, 11160 Rancho Carmel Dr., Carmel Mountain, 858-618-1814. At noon Saturday, Jan. 6, the author signs and discusses Erec Rex: The Dragon’s Eye.
HBOB CHANDLER at The Escondido Public Library, 239 South Kalmia St., 760-839-4683. At 3 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 6, the author and longtime San Diego Padres announcer will sign and discuss his book, Bob Chandler’s Tales from the San Diego Padres.
CAROL O’CONNELL at Mysterious Galaxy Book Store, 7051 Clairemont Mesa Blvd., Ste. 302, Clairemont, 858-268-4747. At 2 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 7, the suspense author signs and discusses Find Me.
HECHO EN TIJUANA: MAGIN at Centro Cultural Tijuana, Paseo de los Heroes, Zona Rio, Tijuana, 011-52-664-687-9638. At 7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 9, join a discussion with Alvaro Aonso, the director of an independent publication in Tijuana.
4. Poetry and Spoken Word:
POETRY UNLIMITED at the La Jolla Riford Library, 7555 Draper Ave., 858-552-1657. At 5 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 3, poet Mary M. Mulvhill will read. Open mic follows.
HSIREN: WOMEN’S OPEN MIC at the Rubber Rose, 3812 Ray St., North Park, 619-296-7673. From 7:30-10 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 4, join the gals at Rubber Rose for a friendly and fun night of open mic with featured artist Abigail’s Attic. Free.